Want to make this traditional Aussie classic, but pushed for time? Take a look at this easy vanilla slice recipe, ready to eat in less than an hour.
This version of vanilla slice ensures you won’t be slaving over a hot cooktop to make your vanilla custard filling, leaving more time to put your feet up and enjoy this delicious sweet treat!
2 sheets of puff pastry
600ml thickened cream
300 ml milk
100g packet instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tbs softened butter
1 ½ cups icing sugar
1 tbs boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly grease two baking trays.
- Place a pastry sheet onto each tray and prick with a fork.
- Bake the pastry for 8-10 mins until it is puffed and golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the vanilla pudding mix, milk and cream for about 3-4 minutes. until it is thick and creamy.
- Spread the mixture on top of one of the pastry sheets and then put remaining pastry sheet on top.
- Mix together icing ingredients and spread over the top of pastry sheet.
- Set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Loved this easy vanilla slice recipe and looking for more delicious desserts to try out? Take a look at our easy chocolate tart recipe.