Seasons Waterford West is seeking a collaborative, reliable and driven Care Coordinator to join our passionate care team.
Reporting to the Care Manager, this role is responsible for case management of residents’ services and care; working closely with the Care Manager and care team to ensure appropriate support services are responsive to the individuals needs and relevant industry standards.
- Consult with residents and their significant others to design, monitor, review, and coordinate care plans following comprehensive care assessment.
- Consult with Registered Nurse on care matters; engaging clinical nursing expertise to assess, plan, monitor and review complex clinical care elements as required.
- Coordinate services with external clinical professionals (General Practitioners, Medical Specialist, Hospitals, Nurses, and Allied Health).
- Maintain comprehensive confidential client files, consistent with legislative requirements and ensure billings are correct.
- Manage and achieve agreed budget targets and key performance indicators.
- Collaborate closely with the care team to ensure effective delivery of resident care services to meet required care needs.
- Collaborate with Care Manager on resolving any issues related to service provision.
- Manage, review, and put correct methods in place for all care related incidents.
- Support the Care Manager with management of the on-call roster when required, during annual leave cover.
- Interest in ongoing personal and professional development.
- Passion for collaborating with others and making a difference.
- Empathy for and a desire to work with the aged and their families.
- Demonstrated background in residential and/or home and community care.
- Advanced communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organisational skills.
- A commitment to consumer-centred care and the well-being of the consumer.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and time management skills.
- Effective computer and IT skills, including Office, Excel, Word, Microsoft Teams
- Tertiary qualification in aged care, health, community services and/or equivalent relevant experience in a role. Registered Nurse desirable but not mandatory.
- 2yrs+ experience in an HCP case management role managing care and budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DVA Community Nursing Program, Home Care Packages, Aged Care Quality Standards and Client Rights and Responsibilities.
- Flexibility with hours when workload demands, across a 24/7, 365 day a year business.
- Unrestricted Australian working rights.
- Current national criminal check.