Are you a passionate Cook who enjoys being part of a hard-working team in a busy kitchen environment? If working with food, great people and making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of Senior Australians sounds up your street, then read on to find out more about being a Cook at Seasons.
About the Role
As a Cook within a Seasons Living community, you will efficiently deliver all catered events under the guidance of the Chef, whilst providing effective leadership of the kitchen staff.
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor activities of workers engaged in food preparation.
- Monitor all menu and food production to ensure presentation, quality product and service are established and adhered to.
- In conjunction with the Chef, prepare, cook and serve food according to dietary, nutritional and cultural needs.
- Maintain and monitor company Food Safety Program.
- Monitoring of policies and procedures ensuring the kitchen maintains the standards required by the various regulatory bodies are adhered to.
- Train staff as required in the correct use of kitchen equipment, standards and procedures to ensure safe food handling.
- Assist chef to plan, coordinate, budget and purchase for all food operations.
- Inspect supplies, equipment and work areas to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Assist with cleaning/kitchen housekeeping duties as may be required.
- Maintain a positive and motivated work ethic in the kitchen at all times.
- Understanding of the unique needs and risks involved in catering for people with low immunity condition.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Community Care Common Standards and Residents Rights and Responsibilities.
- Basic computer skills.
- Interest in ongoing personal and professional development.
- Empathy for and a desire to work with the aged.
- Flexibility with hours when workload demands.
- Communication: Positive, open communication and strong team ethic.
- Level-headed: Ability to maintain calm in a pressured environment.
- Efficient: Ability to work quickly and safely.
- Organised: Logical and systematic approach to navigating a busy kitchen.
- Personal Attributes: Positive, reliable, honest, attention to detail, hard-working
Express Your Interest
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, leave your details below to express your interest in a career at Seasons, and we’ll be in touch in the near future!