About the Role
Seasons is seeking a competent, caring and reliable Personal Care Worker to join our Caloundra community on a casual basis. Seasons provides care and services 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, and as such we have a variety of shifts available and are seeking candidates who have availability to be on call for both AM/PM shifts.
- Assist residents with daily living, in a manner that encourages choice and independence.
- Ensure the privacy, confidentially and dignity of clients and residents.
- Identify and promptly report any changes in resident health conditions, care and service preferences and take appropriate action as required.
- Maintain records and documentation to a high standard that comply with DVA and HCP requirements and Seasons policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate Seasons’ core values in all interactions with clients and their families.
- Ensure medications are administered, documented, stored, and disposed of in accordance with regulations and Seasons policies and procedures.
- Work closely with senior clinicians (Registered and Enrolled Nurses) to report medication errors or concerns and seek further advice.
- Ensure incidents or hazards are immediately reported, and appropriate response is taken to situations of risk or potential risk to health and safety.
- Participate in professional development and education opportunities to further develop care skills and understanding.
- Actively support and develop relationships with individuals from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
Top Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in aged care, preferably in a residential setting (desirable).
- Strong commitment to person-centred care, promoting choice and independence to residents.
- Well-developed written, verbal communication and mathematical skills with the ability to manage and share information effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and take actions to meet resident’s needs and expectations.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills with ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Certificate III Individual Support or equivalent qualification (Aged Care/Community Care)
- Current First Aid Certificate and Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Pre-employment screening (National Police History Check, NDIS).
- Adhere to mandatory vaccination requirements (Public Health Directions).
- Unrestricted Australian working rights.
- Open drivers’ license.