Are you a highly skilled and diligent Registered Nurse, who is committed to customer-centred care and gets things done? If you’re looking for a busy role as part of a great team supporting the health and wellbeing of the elderly, then we would love to hear from you.
About the Role
As a Seasons Registered Nurse, you will undertake a variety of general nursing duties, including client assessment, medication management, wound care and health monitoring in a manner that promotes resident health and wellbeing.
- Undertake a variety of general nursing duties, including client assessment, medication management, wound care and health monitoring in a manner that promotes the consumers own health and wellbeing.
- Deliver personal and clinical care in accordance with individual care plans including:
- Management of catheters (IDC, supra pubic catheters),
- Management of acute and chronic wounds in consultation with treating medical practitioners,
- Development and implementation of pressure injury prevention and management strategies.
- Provide comprehensive care involving assessment, prevention, early detection, referral and health promotion.
- Attend clinical care consultations as directed, including liaison with internal Care Coordinators regarding changing health needs of clients and implementation of reviewed care plans.
- Ensure appropriate handling and administration of medications (including supervision of third level, unregulated care staff).
- Support clients with end of life and palliative care decision making, including the provision of clinical services where required.
- Maintain records and documentation of a high standard and consistent with the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
- Ensure documentation standards comply with relevant program guidelines including DVA and home care package requirements.
- Ensure a safe working environment, reporting all incidents and hazards, and correcting minor hazards as applicable.
- Comply with infection control and food safety requirements.
- Undertake correct manual handling.
Assess staff competencies and provide timely feedback regarding care staff performance to the appropriate Care Manager.
Provide supervision of unregulated workers to ensure they are practicing within their scope of practice and within organisational policy.
- Outstanding clinical skills including the ability to practice autonomously but within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the DVA Community Nursing Program, Home Care Packages, Aged Care Standards and Client Rights and Responsibilities.
- Passion for collaborating with others and making a difference.
- Demonstrated background in in residential and/or home and community care.
- A commitment to consumer-centred care and the well-being of the consumer.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Evidence of participation in Continuous Professional Development.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Empathy for and a desire to work with the aged.
- Gets Stuff Done: Breaks things down, organised, collaborates to deliver, asks questions.
- Decisive: Knows what is needed, make clear decisions.
- Communication: Gets to the matter to simply the complex; listens and asks questions.
- Adaptability: Can deal with changing and demanding situations.
- Personal Attributes: Humility, caring, self-aware, authentic, compassionate and driven.
Express Your Interest
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, leave your details below to express your interest in a career at Seasons and be the first to know when a position opens up!