Impossible recipes are so named because they’re impossible to stuff up! This classic dish was commonly passed on through the generations as an easy meal to make upon leaving home or cooking for a family.
The key to impossible recipes is that all ingredients should be able to be thrown together in a bowl, mixed and then added to a baking dish to cook.
This impossible quiche works just as well as an easy breakfast dish, served cold for lunch or served with a side salad for a convenient and economical mid-week meal. Enjoy!
1 ½ cups of milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
3 bacon rashers chopped
1 small onion chopped
½ cup self-raising flour (sifted)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Pour the mixture into a quiche dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set.