If you are looking for a classic, any-time treat Jam Drops are a perfect choice.
Here is an easy jam drop recipe that will taste just like Grandma used to make!
125g butter softened
½ cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup of your favourite jam
Plain flour (to dust)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined. Sift in the flour and stir until the mixture is combined.
- Using lightly floured hands, roll teaspoons of mixture into balls.
- Place the balls on prepared trays about 5cm apart. Make an indentation in the centre of each ball and spoon in ½ teaspoon of jam into each biscuit.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through and lightly golden.
- Remove the jam drops from the oven and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
Are you looking to put a twist on the classic jam drop? Why not try a different flavoured jam, such as blueberry or apricot!
If you’re interested in trying some another easy sweet treat recipe, try out our easy chocolate tart.