An easy chocolate tart recipe that doesn’t involve any baking and is perfect to make ahead of time for your next morning tea.
100g dark chocolate, chopped
200g pack of butter biscuits
100g milk chocolate, chopped
200ml whipping cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
2 tablespoons of icing sugar, plus extra for decoration
- Crush the biscuits. If you don’t have a food processor, put them in a plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin until crushed.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together in the microwave.
- Mix together the biscuits and butter mixture. Press into the base of a rectangular tin and refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Add the vanilla extract to the chocolate.
- Sift in the icing sugar to the chocolate mixture.
- Once the cream is whipped, fold it into the chocolate.
- Pour on top of the biscuit mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm to touch.
Looking to add something extra special to your chocolate tart? One great idea is to browse Pinterest for cake or tart decoration tips and tricks!
We’ve compiled a great list of simple recipes, like this easy chocolate tart, from scrumptious desserts to tasty soups. To read more, visit our Seasons blog.